SSshow

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Monday, January 24, 2011

Back to mother

This Sunday I got myself out of bed at some ungodly hour and went in search of mother, whom I had made friends with in the autumn. Last time I visited she had a litter of five small golden, stripey piglets (or are the boarlets?). I waited a while for her to appear, it was -10° so I figured she might be snuggled up in her nest somewhere or maybe she has a winter territory.
When she did she was covered in her winter coat and her offspring were no longer golden, they too had a thick brown winter coat. But I could only see two of her litter and after a while two it remained. I have no idea where the others are or if they are still alive, December was a cold month and snow covered Munich for most of it. There are lots of foxes in the forest, I dont need to be clever to know what happened ;)

It was also the first time out with 1DIII and 500 f4, I have to say they work well together and it is a good crop size for larger animals.



No comments:

Post a Comment