SSshow

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Too close for comfort...

....or a decent shot?

So there you are are, lying on my stomach with 600mm of lens in your hands and a nervous lizzard before you. You look through the viewfinder and....you got too damn close! What to do? In this example I was actually after another lizard in the grass when I spotted this fellow basking on an electrical outlet. At 600mm all I could get was his head and moving or removing the TC would have scared him off. So thinking on my feet I focussed on the eye and pressed focus lock on my 7D. I then took three shots which I later stitched together in Photoshop.
These lizards do not move much so it was a simple job. The advantage here is that I can now print this BIG if I want ;)

Another weapon in the nature togs arsenal, sometimes too close can be advantageous.


7D, 300 2.8 IS, 2xTC, f8


2 comments: